Wednesday, October 6, 2010

31 for 21, Day 6

21 Things I Love About Tyler
(In no particular order.)

1. I love Tyler's facial expressions when he is trying to get a laugh out of someone. He sort of raises one eyebrow and then stares at you and waits for you to crack up. No matter how hard I try to keep a straight face, he can get me every time.

2. I love that he can walk. It took him a long time to finally get enough strength and courage to start but once he did, there was no stopping him.

3. I love how much he loves Emmalee. I really believe she is his best friend. He gets super excited when he sees her and LOVES it when she plays with him.

4. I love how much he loves Nathaniel. There was a time when he wasn't so sure about Nate. Now that they share a room they have really bonded and play so well together.

5. I love his enthusiasm when he sees someone he knows. He'll call out, "HI DADDY!" (or whomever it happens to be.) It is awesome! It makes you feel like the most special person in the whole world.

6. I love listening to him pray. I only understand a couple of the words he says but I know that Heavenly Father understands him perfectly. It touches my heart and renews my faith. It is the sweetest thing.

7. I love how much he loves music. All kinds of music. He loves to sing and I am constantly amazed at how many of the words he knows to different songs. Sometimes I will hear him singing when he doesn't realize I am listening. He really loves listening to his dad play the piano. He has always loved that. Right now his favorite song is "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train. He asks for it several times a day by saying, "Hey Hey Hey...." We listen to it quite often.

8. I love watching him dance. He dances with his whole body and really gets into it. It is so fun to watch him! Watching him break dance is the best!

9. I love how much he loves his daddy. He has been a daddy's boy from the very first day we met him. I love watching the two of them interact and seeing the bond they have. It makes my heart melt to see them together.

10. I love how much he loves me. As much as I know that he is a daddy's boy, I also know that he loves his momma.

11. I love seeing him interact with animals, especially dogs.

12. I love how strong willed Tyler is. He is determined and stubborn. I'll admit, sometimes that can be frustrating. But I know that it is because of his determination that he accomplishes things. He will be able to accomplish anything he sets his mind to. He has a can-do attitude and never says that he can't do something. If he can't do something the first time, he doesn't get mad, he just says, "oops, try again," and works harder until he accomplishes it.

13. I love how excited he gets about things that might seem mundane to anyone else. He truly embraces life and sees the joy in everything. That is one of the greatest lessons I have learned from him.

14. I love that he loves to eat and is always willing to try new foods.

15. I love his giggle.

16. I love it when he says, "again" and then grabs your arm to blow raspberries on you. That's one of his favorite things.

17. I love hearing him talk! He seems to learn a new word every single day and it is amazing! Today's new word was gross.

18. I love his empathy for others. If one of us gets upset or cries, it breaks his heart. If one of the other kid cries, he gets so upset for them and says, "you okay?" He truly hates seeing someone else who is in pain or upset.

19. I love that he accepts EVERYONE. It doesn't matter who they are. He loves everyone. He is completely unconditional.

20. I love how he yells "HI" to every single person he sees. It is fun to take him shopping or to any public place. He does tend to get irritated if people don't say hi back. :)

21. I love that he is always willing to share.

Wow....I could go on and on. I may have to do 21 more things sometime later this month. There are just so many things I love about this boy. I am truly blessed to be his momma!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Thank you for doing these posts. Tyler seems like such a special guy, I wish I could meet him! I guess I'll just read about him and goober over the pictures of him here!