Sunday, October 31, 2010

31 for 21, Day 31!!!!

Wow, I can't believe that this is the last post for 31 for 21. I certainly wasn't perfect at this and didn't post every day as I had hoped to. But I am really thankful that I participated. Mostly I am thankful for all the other blogs I have found. I have read many uplifting stories this month. I have also seen some amazingly adorable children from around the world!

My ultimate goal for participating this month was to help people realize that those with Down syndrome are more alike than different. They love, they laugh, they hurt, they cry, they learn, they teach, they have friends, they go to school, they work, they often get married. In other words, they are just like everyone else. Tyler is just like everyone else. Yes he has his struggles. But who doesn't? Everyone has special needs in one way or another. His just happen to be more noticeable.

Not a day goes by that I don't feel humbled by the fact that God chose me to be Tyler's mom. There are many times that I feel unworthy of such an incredible blessing. I am overwhelmed with love for this amazing child. Being his mom is more than I ever could have hoped for in life. He makes me want to be the best person I can be. He makes me want to work harder, to be kinder, to enjoy the little things in life. He helps me remember to smile more, to laugh more, to sing and dance more. He can make me smile in an instant, no matter how blue I may be feeling. His love and compassion for others never ceases to amaze me. His spirit shines through in all that he does. I am simply in awe of this sweet, sweet boy!


No comments: