Thursday, September 6, 2007

Tyler's First Day of Pre-School

first day of school
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play Make your own Smilebox

Yes, it's official. Our sweet little guy headed off to his first day of pre-school this morning. (Or, as Emma says, "big boy school.") I knew this day would come, I have thought of it and planned for it. But, I certainly couldn't predict how I would actually feel. I did really well. I didn't cry. I didn't feel sad. I didn't get overly emotional. Well, at least not until I started looking through the pictures and realizing that it truly did happen. He really did get on the bus and go to school. He really did spend almost three hours away from me. I really did turn my little baby over to others and trust that they would take care of him and teach him and love him. I really did. There's no going back now. My baby is no longer a baby. He is growing up and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Not that I would want to.....but still. It seems like yesterday that I held him in my arms for the first time. Time flies, as they say.

Honestly, the morning went by rather quickly. Emma and I got a chance to spend some time together and run some errands. We got home and waited for the bus to come. Tyler was so happy! He went on and on trying to tell me all about school. I wish I could understand what he was telling me. It was beyond adorable and I could not have been more pleased. I know he will love school and will learn so much. Of course, that won't stop me from missing him every single day!!

12 comments:

CJ said...

OMG, my future son-in-law is SOOO handsome! What a big boy!

Anonymous said...

Jodie this is awesome!! tyler looks soo happy and ready for everything!! thats soo cool! i miss u a lot i really wanna see u again!!
Love u always!!
ur nephew Ricardo!! =]]

Anonymous said...

Hey Jodie! He looks so cute! I am suprised that you didn't cry! I still cry on the first day of school every year and look how many times I have gone through it!

Love you Give Emma and Tyler and Brent a huge hug from me and then have Brent give you a huge hug from me as well!

Marcella

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it!!!!! What a big boy! Kiss him for me and tell him to love, love, love up school...it's going to be SO much fun!!! Britt

Paulette said...

So proud of you, Tyler! What a big boy! What fun! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jodie! How exciting and scary and wonderful and terrible all at once! I've heard of growing pains in kids, but they don't warn you about the pains YOU get when your kids are the ones doing the growing! So glad his first day was wonderful. - Gen :D

Lanna said...

Awwww! I love the pictures. Very sweet. It's a great thing when your kids love school.

Anonymous said...

Oh Quit being Sappy Ya'll, I know Tyler loves all the attention and all but give the boy his dignity and stop swooning him!

Yea like that will ever happen!!!

Love the pics tho. Krazy Keith Albany, Oregon

Life with my BOYS! said...

Yay Tyler!! He looks so cute in his new for school haircut!
Glad that a things went well..isn't Nancy great!
MOlly

Scott and Becky said...

I am so happy that he loves school! But I have to say I am not surprised. I will think of you as you prepare for your first full week of him gone!

Wondering when you will find us said...

OMG~ He is too sweet! Good luck Tyler!!

Anonymous said...

I was ok until I got to "bye Mom" and then I got all teary:( Awww So bitter sweet- Julie W