Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tomorrow's Nate's Big Day

Nate has his big hearing test tomorrow morning. I am nervous. I didn't expect to be, but I am. I guess it's just knowing that by this time tomorrow night, we will have confirmation that Nate is deaf. I know in my heart that he is, at least to some extent. By tomorrow night we'll know how much, if any, hearing he has. We'll have a better game plan. We'll have some ideas on what we need to do next. I think I'm nervous because even though in my heart I know that he is deaf, in my head I can still believe that we are wrong. After the test there will be no more denying it. I won't be able to pretend that I am imagining it. I know that knowledge is power and knowing what we're facing is good. But right now, there's a certain level of comfort in the not knowing.

Please say a little prayer that all will go as planned. I'll update tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for little Nate...and for his mom and dad.

Love,
Lisa

jkribbit said...

You are all in my prayers. Hugs all around!