Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Wickedly Awesome Husband

Anyone who knows Brent will tell you that he is one amazing guy. He is the love of my life, for sure. But more than that, he is kind and generous and even after almost nine years of marriage, he still manages to surprise me once in awhile.


Last week he called me and told me that I was forbidden from looking online at our checking account. I figured he had bought me something for my birthday or our anniversary. He just said he had a surprise for me. I love surprises. I kept wondering when I was going to get my surprise. Finally on Friday night he said that my surprise would be sometime over the weekend.


On Saturday morning he told me that I needed to be showered and ready to leave by 4:00 that afternoon. I kept asking for clues and he kept feeding me answers that I knew were total lies. It was fun to try and guess, though. He finally told me that he wasn't driving me but he was having a taxi pick me up, that I would be home after the kids went to bed and that he guaranteed I would love it. I was beside myself with anticipation. I had all sorts of scenarios running through my head.


Finally around 4:30 I noticed my friend Tasha drive up the driveway. That seemed strange since he told me a taxi was coming. I asked him why Tasha was here and he just smiled. Tasha came to the door and asked me if I was ready to go. Brent handed her a manila envelope and we were off. I had NO clue where we were headed but she got on the road and headed to Buffalo. I simply could not imagine what was planned. We had a great drive and it was fun to chat with her the whole way. She is awesome!


We got to Buffalo and started heading towards downtown. Suddenly I saw a huge billboard for Wicked. It hit me all at once that we were going to see it. Tasha hadn't seen it yet and I was dying to see it again ever since we went here. I didn't say anything to her but I was pretty certain. I did second guess myself for a minute because there is a bridge to Canada near downtown and Brent and Tasha kept teasing that I was going to need my passport so I thought perhaps we were actually going to Canada. I ended up being right, though, and we did go to see Wicked.


Tasha and I had a fun dinner and the production was just amazing. I really love this play and I am so happy I got to see it again. I think Tasha enjoyed it also and I'm glad we got a chance to spend some time together.


Thanks, honey, for always doing things to make me happy. You are truly incredible and I love you!!

4 comments:

jkribbit said...

You guys are perfect for each other and deserve each other! That's awesome that you got to see Wicked again. I'm getting excited for my fourth time in LA in a couple of weeks. #5 will be next spring when it comes SLC! Good stuff!!

terilynnh2000 said...

oooh!!! That is awesome!!! I love your hubby, he treats you like the princess you truly are!!

Wondering when you will find us said...

That was such a great surprise! U lucky girl ;)

Rebecca said...

Wow! What an amazing surprise. You deserve it. Glad you had a good time.