Monday, January 29, 2007

Book Review

Have you ever been so taken with a book that after reading the last word you turn the page to make sure that's really it? I finished reading "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult yesterday. It was one of those books that I wasn't ready to see end. I really enjoyed it. It made me cry harder than I have cried in a long time. Although the author uses the "F" word more than I would like, the story is so captivating and engrossing that I can forgive that. I won't give anything away here but if you get the chance, I highly recommend the book. I got it for Christmas along with another of her books and I now plan to read everything she has written. It is authors like this that make the ideas begin to swirl around in my head. I aspire to be as good an author as this and all the others that I admire.

1 comment:

terilynnh2000 said...

She is by far my favorite author. Read Plain Truth next...LOVE IT!!!!