Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tyler Wednesday Update

Not a ton of news tonight. Still waiting on some of the test results. Ty did have an ultrasound of his pancreas today. It didn't show much because they forgot to tell us that he shouldn't eat for four to five hours before the test. They may end up repeating the test tomorrow but we aren't sure yet. 

They are thinking that all of this is related to one of the chemo drugs, L-Asparaginase. He gets that as an injection once a week. They said that sometimes it can start causing issues with organs, stomach, pancreas, etc. The good news is that Tyler only has four L-Asparaginase injections left. We're hoping that maybe these issues will go away after that med is done. In the meantime, they started him on some pancreatic enzymes today and they also switched him to a lactose free diet. 

Tyler is still having diarrhea and still seems to be in pain anytime he eats. I guess we'll just have to give it a little time to see if these steps help. They don't want to release him until this is under control. 

So that's where we are at this point. Thanks to everyone for the continued prayers, emails, guestbook comments, etc. You are all incredible!

On another note, I go to the doctor for my right ankle again tomorrow. With any luck, she will give me permission to start putting some weight on my foot. I am sooo ready to get moving again! I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Jodie! I am sorry that you guys have been at the hospital so long. Has grandma been home with Nate and Emma? How's your ankle? Let me know what you want me to do tomorrow. I am free for whatever.