Monday, June 9, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For

As recently as three weeks ago I was complaining because it was still pretty chilly. Highs were in the 60's, (if we were lucky,) the kids were still wearing jackets and there were a couple of mornings that I had to turn the heat on in the house. It was certainly not 'play outside' weather. I was starting to think that summer was never going to come. Oh how I wish I had kept my mouth shut!
Now we are in the middle of a heat wave with record breaking heat. Coupled with the high humidity, once again it is not 'play outside' weather. (At least in my book!) It is hot, muggy and miserable with no real relief in sight.
Lucky for us, our amazing landlord put in central air last summer. I'm sure our power bill will be outrageous but you know what? It's worth it!!!

No comments: