1. I am grateful that Brent and I are married. I can't tell you how much that man means to me. There simply aren't words. He is my soul mate, my best friend and my eternal companion. He is the greatest Daddy to these beautiful kiddos of ours. He is committed, compassionate and simply incredible. I can't imagine doing any of this -- the good and the bad -- with anyone else.
2. I am grateful that Tyler is receiving such wonderful care. He is in a fantastic hospital with a wonderful team of doctors and nurses caring for him. I have no doubt that he is in the best place he could be.
3. I am grateful that we live within five minutes of the hospital. I have met several families who live long distances from here and have to sacrifice so much to be with their child. What a blessing it is that we are so close and that we can both be involved with Tyler's care.
4. I am grateful that my mom has been here to help out. She has been here for a week and will be here until next Sunday. I so wish her visit were under different circumstances but it is such a blessing that she is able to be here now, helping with the kids, etc.
5. I am grateful that I have been able to spend time with Emmalee and Nathaniel each day. I miss them so much when I am at the hospital and it has been nice that I get to go home each evening and spend time with them. Plus I stayed home all weekend and it was great to be home with them.
6. I am grateful that we are half-way through this month of in-patient treatment.
7. I am especially grateful for Tyler. There simply aren't words to describe how incredible he is. He is strong in ways I can't even comprehend. He loves unconditionally and even through all of this, his perfect spirit shines through. It is an incredible privilege to be his mommy.
8. I am grateful to all of our family and friends for your prayers, love, support, cards, emails, phone calls, gifts, visits, meals....the list goes on. There is simply no way we could get through this without all of you!