Thursday, April 19, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We are truly thankful to be home! I'm not certain I could have spent one more night on the fold-out chair/bed the hospital provides. In truth, I would have stayed there as long as necessary. I'm just glad it's over. Tyler is so happy to be home. He has been playing and watching all his favorites on TV. He's such a trooper. Emma was beyond thrilled to have him home. This has been tough on her also, as well as Daddy and I.

The good news is that Tyler's leg is healing. His body is working hard to get rid of the infection.

The bad news is that the particular strain of staph he has is highly resistant to antibiotics. The wound is still draining and there is still infection there. He is still contagious and therefore we are pretty much quarantined until we receive the all clear from the doctor. We return to the doctor on Monday. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, emails, phone calls, and prayers. I'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:

Paulette said...

Hope Tyler heals in speedy time!! My best thoughts are with you. I empathize with the flooding, we had some water issues in our basement too... and yes, I am also thankful for the silver lining that it was just rainwater!