Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Double Standard

I will fully admit it, I live by a double standard when it comes to my children. I try hard not to but it is, at times, impossible. Case in point....Tyler back talked to me today. I was trying to get him to let me change his diaper and he was bugged. He wanted to play. I made him lay down again and he looked right at me and signed NO, NO! I cried...I picked him up and hugged him...I wanted to shout for joy! I was so proud of him. I love that he, at times, acts like a typical two year old. He can throw fits, get upset, etc. But, he has never used words to communicate his feelings like this. It was awesome. Naturally the double standard comes from the fact that if Emmalee talks back, she gets into trouble. But, for Tyler, I consider today a huge mile-stone. Does that make me a hypocrite? Probably and I am totally fine with that!

2 comments:

Jodi Renshaw said...

Each child requires something different from us - you are no hypocrite. You are a smart & loving Mommy. Congrats to Tyler for expressing himself!!!!

Love,
Jodi

www.thishandmadelife.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Break out the balloons, streamers, and noise makers!!!!!!!! Yay Tyler. Celebrate away!