Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Breath of Fresh Air

Many of you will remember my Argghhh! post from last December. I was so frustrated by looks and reactions we sometimes have to endure because of Tyler's special needs. I just had to post today about having the exact opposite experience. I am still in tears just thinking about it.
I took Tyler shopping with me this afternoon. We went to two different stores and in both stores, I had soooo many people come up and talk to Tyler, say hi, wave to him, smile, etc. Many people told me what a beautiful boy I have, (of course!) and what's more, people actually spoke to him. I honestly can't tell you how touched I was by this. All too often, people look at Tyler and fail to acknowledge him. That breaks my heart. That was not the case today. He must have really been turning on the charm today because so many people -- young, old, men and women took the time to say hi or wave or smile. He was in his element waving, blowing kisses, saying ta-da! I am always proud to be his Momma and today it was doubly so. He is just such a blessing to me and to our whole family. I can't imagine my life without him in it.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am sooo glad you had a nice day of people noticing and talking TO Ty! Who couldn't acknowledge such a sweet boy? I'm glad he hammed it up too! :) Julie

Michelle said...

Aw, that's so nice. I'm happy for the both of you!

Colette said...

I am glad you had a nice day! I love those days! Ty is a honey!!

Scott and Becky said...

I am so happy that you guys had such a good day!