Friday, August 3, 2007

Deep Thoughts....

Those of you who are around my age likely remember the 'Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey' that used to run on Saturday Night Live. I loved them! Well, Brent's sister gave us a funny calendar for Christmas. It isn't Deep Thoughts, but similar. I turned to this month's page and found the funniest one yet and had to share it....
Wishes
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
You can find more of this stuff at www.demotivators.com

6 comments:

Lanna said...

I loved those! I bought a Deep Thoughts card at the BYU bookstore when I was a student: "It takes a big man to cry. It takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." I don't know why, but it's always stuck with me in a stupid sort of way.

Colette said...

That is too funny! I like that one! keep those comming! Very funny! Have a great day!

terilynnh2000 said...

That is too funny! I used to stay up for SNL just to watch the Deep Thoughts! Where ya been?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Belated. :) You young'n. :) Julie. Love the deep thoughts. My bro gave me a book of them for Christmas one year. I'll have to dig it out.

Amy Flege said...

hehe...i love it!

Leticia said...

I'm way beyond your age, honey! I can hardly remember it!
I am hosting the first ever Down sydrome blog carnival tomorrow August 12th, on Cause of Our Joy http://cause-of-our-joy.blogspot.com . If you have a favorite post about Down syndrome to share, please email it to me ASAP, and I'll post it.
Don't worry if you missed this one, we'll be doing this every week on different blogs, so you can join in another time, or host it yourself. I just thought this would be a great opportunity to get to know one another better and spread Down syndrome awareness.
Hope to see you at the carnival!
Leticia Velasquez