On Thursday night I noticed that Nate had a sore on his upper left thigh. I just knew that it was a MRSA sore. Sure enough, by Friday morning, he was running a fever and the sore was huge, hard and hot to the touch. I called and made an appointment for him for that afternoon. By the time we got there, his fever was 102 and he was hurting so bad that he was shaking. The pediatrician sent us directly to the ER. They gave him some mild sedation and incised and drained the sore and sent us home with antibiotics. We were hoping that would do the trick. Sadly, it did not. By Saturday night his entire scrotum was swollen and red and full of infection. Back to the ER we went. They admitted him and on Sunday morning they took him down to surgery to incise and drain again. They wanted to do it in the OR so they could give him more sedation and make sure that they got it all.
That poor little boy! He has been in so much pain and I feel so badly for him. He spiked a fever of 104 last night and gave us all a scare. But, he has been fever free since then and they sent us home this afternoon. We are so glad!!
Needless to say, we have postponed our trip. Brent and I called this afternoon and they were able to reschedule his appointment for Friday the 13th. We are going to leave on Wednesday and spend a couple of days in NYC. Hopefully Brent will feel up to the trip.
So that's our crazy life. Not sure what I would do if things ever slow down around here. Maybe I could sleep. :)
Thanks to everyone, as always, for your love and prayers.