Monday, September 21, 2009

Brent Monday Update

Just a quick update. Brent has developed a very scary complication to things. They had to remove his IV because it got infected. They put in a new one and that was almost immediately infected as well. They won't even draw blood at this point. Every time they poke him, he gets a new infection. His arm is starting to solidify where the infections are. Because of this, they obviously will not put in a central line. If it were to get infected as well, it could be fatal.

Now they are at a loss as to what to do. They are thinking of sending him home because there really isn't any reason to keep him in the hospital. He will come home on oral antibiotics again. Right now there just isn't anything else they can do for him.

He does have an appointment to see an infectious disease specialist next week. We are praying that they will be able to give us some more help.

This whole thing is just scary to me. I am worried about him. I'm worried that the oral antibiotics won't help. I'm worried that this will just continue to happen. I just don't know what to think at this point. As much as I want him home, I also worry that we're just going to end up in the same position soon. I guess for now we'll just have to wait and see.


Lisa said...

I'm sorry, Jodi. I'm praying for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Sending you super strength and MANY MANY prayers - I wish I could do more. Joleen

A L and K said...

Hang in there you gys! We love you and are praying for you all! Sending lots of good healing vibes!

Sheryl said...

Wow - It's unreal what you guys have had to deal with these last couple years! Seriously - when will you get a break! Wish I was there to bring you some chocolate to ease your pain for a couple minutes!

Wondering when you will find us said...

So, so sorry Jodie!!! Praying Brent feels better real soon.Hope the new doc has answers.