Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy 10th Anniversary To Us

Today is our 10th anniversary. In some ways it is hard to believe ten years have passed since we got married. And then again, so much has changed in ten years. Here are a few of the highlights --

We have lived in five different cities and three different states -- Arizona, Utah, Arizona again and New York.

We have lived in seven different houses.

We have owned five different vehicles.

We have had three dogs and four cats.

Between the two of us we have had ten major surgeries.

We have suffered through infertility and miscarriages.

We have adopted three amazing children. Each one has been a confirmation that adoption is a miracle and God sends the right children to the right family, no matter how they have to get here!

We have suffered the loss of Brent's Dad and we miss him every day.

Brent has had four different jobs.

We have watched our child suffer through leukemia and keep fighting. He is an amazing kid!

We have each had several callings in church.

We have traveled to many different places. Some of my favorites include the Oklahoma City Memorial, the Grand Canyon and Disneyland.

We have endured many trials and had many blessings. No matter what, I can't imagine doing this with anyone other than Brent. He is.....well, he's amazing. There simply aren't enough words to describe how much I love that man. He puts up with me through all my moods. That in itself is a miracle. He is kind and patient, loving and genuine. He is an awesome Dad and nothing makes me happier than watching him with our children. Is he the person I thought he was when I married him? No. He is far beyond what I could have ever hoped for. He has changed me in ways I never expected.

I love you, Brent! Thank you for making the last ten years the best of my life. I can't wait to see what's next!!

8 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

My name is Sarah said...

happy anniversary!!!

Ashlee said...

Happy Anniversary!! That is quite teh milestone to hit - especially these days. Who would have known that an internet romance would have lasted this long? :)

Paulette said...

Happy Anniversary!!!Here's to Many Many More ...

lisa said...

yeah! happy day...you guys are amazing. have fun
i have a huge favor to ask but will call rather than ask by blog comment. love you guys!

Amy Oechsle said...

Awwww--- Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!

How sweet and wonderful!! :0)

Hope you all did something fun to celebrate! :0)

diana said...

Happy Anniversary! Ten goes by so fast! It was neat to see everything you guys have done in the past ten :)

Stuart and Kimber said...

Congrats!!!