Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Music Education

There are many things in this world that I simply don't understand. One that always upsets me is when I hear that schools have had to cut music education programs due to lack of funds. I truly believe that music should be as fundamental as reading, writing, math, etc.

I have seen music work wonders in my own family, especially for Tyler. Watching him engage with his Dad while Brent plays the piano is incredible. Seeing him interact with his music therapists is amazing. It has opened up his level of communication and brings him out of his shell. I simply can't imagine him not being able to experience this in school....or any of my other children, for that matter.

Here's another example of the importance of music education in schools.



2 comments:

Kosel Family said...

I agree, one of the beauties of being able to homeschool is that nothing will ever have to be cut :)

Amy said...

HERE HERE!!! love you!