Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fall Back -- Blah!

There are three things I miss about living in Arizona. Family/Friends, good restaurants and CONSTANT DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! Yes, it's true, apparently Arizona is one of the only states in the union that actually knows what it is doing as far as daylight savings time goes. They simply don't change.
Personally, I despise leaving daylight savings time. Why can't they just make it one way or the other and leave it? I know, I know, there are all those "scientific" answers such as energy savings and being able to spend more time outside in the summer evenings. I say Bah Humbug and hooey! (Picture me sticking my tongue out!) All it does for me when we change the time back or forward is throw off my kids' sleep schedules for two weeks. Plus, I seriously get depressed when it starts getting dark at 3:00 in the afternoon during the winter. Who cares that it is lighter in the morning, I'm not a morning person. I LOVE that is it still light outside at 9:00 at night in the summer. I wish it were that way in the winter as well. If I'm ever elected president, I will make daylight savings time permanent. Too bad that will never happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you and so does my husband who complains for 2 weeks twice a year every year and will continue to do so for as long as we live! Jodie for President!!!

Dana