Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Brent Tuesday Update

Alright, here's what I know today. Brent spent yesterday in the ER and came home last night. They chose not to admit him. We were both surprised and apparently rightfully so. They called this morning and had us bring him back. There were some concerns in his blood cultures. One culture showed yeast. They aren't sure why his blood has yeast in it. Again, there is some underlying cause that no one seems to have an answer to.

We are thankful for the fact that the doctor called him back in. At least we finally feel like they are taking this seriously and working to get us an answer. Hopefully we should know something soon. They are finally taking active steps to come to a diagnosis.

Right now I am attempting to not let my imagination run wild. Attempting. It is hard not to worry. I have not allowed myself to go to Google. I'm not sure I'll get any answers anyway.

I just want answers that are real. I want something concrete and some sort of plan. My friend Amy gave me the greatest analogy today. She said that this whole situation is like being a swimmer that is stuck on the starting block. They put you up there and tell you to get ready and then leave you there. Then your legs start to cramp up and your back starts to hurt and you are just praying that someone will finally give you the okay to jump in and swim. You don't even care what stroke they want you to swim, as long as you can get in the water. Right now that's how I feel. We have been on the starting block for so long. It's time to start swimming. As long as we know what we're facing and what we can do, we'll be okay.

Thank you to everyone for your love and prayers and support. I can not imagine doing this without you. We are finding so much strength through others right now and we love each of you so much!

I'll update again when I know more.

No comments: